- "How to be an Anti-Racist" by Ibram X. Kendi
- "Between the World and Me" by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- "The Autobiography of Malcolm X" by Malcolm X
- "Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria" by Beverly Daniel Tatum
- "The Skin We’re In" by Desmond Cole
- “Policing Black Lives“ by Robyn Maynard
- "Black Skin, White Masks" by Frantz Fanon
- " The Fire Next Time" by James Baldwin
- " Racism: A Short History" by George M. Frederickson
- "I am Not Your Negro" by Raoul Peck
- "13th" by Ava Duvernay ...
Below is a list of anti-racism books for kids, compiled in tandem for Black Shirt Day 2021.
- “Sulwe” by Lupita Nyong’o
- “Little Legends: Exceptional Men in Black History” by Vashti Harrison
- “Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History” by Vashti Harrison
- “Not My Idea: A Book About Whiteness” by Anastasia Higginbotham
- “A Is for Activist” by Innosanto Nagara
- “This Book Is Anti-Racist” by Tiffany Jewell
- “I Am Enough” by Grace Byers
- “When We Were Alone” by David A. Robertson
- “Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Black Boy” by Tony Medina ...
Anti-Racism Coalition Vancouver presents:
The Ballot | A Documentary on the End of South African Apartheid
What is the cost of freedom? The Ballot examines this question through the lens of an official ballot of the first multi-race elections in South Africa. Featuring memories and interviews of South Africans in the diaspora, as well as my personal reflections on the ballot and what it means, The Ballot is both a window into South Africa in the last days of apartheid, and a reminder that the fight for freedom is...